The Emerald Conference is the original, longest-running interdisciplinary cannabis science event. Acquired by MJBiz in early 2020, the two-day conference has become the must-attend event for decision-makers in analytical testing, extraction science, research and development, cultivation science, formulations, and pre-clinical research.
Keynote speaker, Dr. Daniele Piomelli, distinguished professor of University of California Irvine, will kick-off the conference on Monday, Feb. 28.
“We are very excited to have Dr. Piomelli join us as the keynote presenter at the upcoming Emerald Conference. Dr. Piomelli’s recent work and publications on the endocannabinoid system are critical to understanding the potential role of cannabis-based therapies for the future,” said Chris Hudalla, Ph.D., Scientific Committee member and president & chief scientific officer at ProVerde Laboratories.
The meeting will include 20-plus speakers, 28 technical poster presentations, and exhibitors and sponsors with leading technologies.
Sessions and speakers include:
- Lean Cultivation: How AI and a Digital Twin Model Can Revolutionize Cultivation — Ian Seiferling, co-founder & CEO of Adaviv Inc.
- Artificial Intelligence for Craft Cannabis Products — Dr. Markus Roggen, president & chief science officer of Delic Labs
- Purification of Cannabis Extracts using Polysaccharide-Based ‘Nanosponge’ Adsorbents — Dr. Christopher J. Cordier, head of chemistry research at Grow Group PLC
- Solving Cannabis Consistency and Bioavailability Problems through Nanoemulsion Technology — David Durkee, vice president of new ventures at Quicksilver Scientific
- Droplet Size Analysis of Emulsions and Nanoemulsions — Mark Bumiller, technology manager at Entegris, Inc.
- A Novel LC-MS-MS Method with Dual Ion Source for Analysis of 102 Pesticides and 5 Mycotoxins Regulated by Colorado State — Avinash Dalmia, senior principal application scientist at PerkinElmer
- Patient Data and Plant Medicine: Ask the Right Questions — Mara Gordon, CTO of Octopi Wellness
- The Dosing Project: An Analysis of Adverse Events & Effective Dosages for Cannabis Products — Dr. Jean Talleyrand, chief medical officer of The CESC
- Topical Administration of a Silica-Encapsulated Endocannabinoid to Treat Cutaneous Lupus Lesions in an MRL/lpr Model — Jay Blankenship, senior vice president of development at Zylö Therapeutics
“The Emerald Conference is one of the premier cannabis science conferences around and its absence last year left a knowledge void,” said Ini Afia, chief science officer of CannaSafe. “Advances in cannabis science is the key to legitimizing cannabis and so therefore it is of utmost importance that the greatest minds in cannabis have a place to gather and that fosters the knowledge transfer that occurs each year.”
In addition to the two-day conference, there will be opportunities to connect with the entire scientific community in the exhibit hall showcasing the latest innovations and the popular poster presentations. The Emerald Conference is the leading forum for networking and discussions on discovery science, as well as how science and data support best practices in cultivation, production and quality assurance.
“The Emerald Conference has been a driving force in cannabis science and innovation for many years, and we’re excited to get everyone back together in person to continue moving this vital part of the industry forward,” said Chris Walsh, CEO of MJBiz. “We’ve been working closely with our scientific committee to shape this year’s conference and ensure we are featuring the latest research and top trends, issues and opportunities. There’s been a lot of progress on the scientific front that is filtering into the business side, and the intersection of these is where the industry’s future lies.”
Registration is now open.
MJBizScience provides a locus for scientific enquiry into the science of cannabis. It shares insights on new research in analytics, genetics, formulation, synthetics, medical and all fields of scientific enquiry. MJBizScience is part of the MJBiz family of products, which also includes: MJBizDaily, Hemp Industry Daily, MJBiz Magazine, MJBiz Factbook and the trade show, MJBizCon.